Explore the mysteries of the universe with 12-year-old Max Winton and 13-year-old Lucia Richardson, as they go deep into the Australian Outback to visit the site of the world’s largest radio telescope and the planet’s oldest living culture.
In the arid heartland of Western Australia, Lucia and Max visit the remote site of the largest science facility ever built by mankind: the SKA (the Square Kilometre Array) radio telescope. There, they learn about the global effort behind the SKA and the fundamental scientific questions it hopes to answer, including: Is there life somewhere else in the universe?
Next, Max and Lucia enter the ancient land of the Yamaji people, Aboriginal Australians who have shared star stories for more than 60,000 years. Artist Charmaine Green guides Max and Lucia through the land of her ancestors and introduces them to other artists, their paintings, and their tales.
Through their journey, Lucia and Max discover how much the scientific world and the ancient world have in common, for we all live under one sky—a shared sky.
- Distributed by Reef Distribution
- Production by Prospero Productions
- Executive Producers: Julia Redwood, Jules Fortune, Ian Booth, Ed Punchard
- Produced by Jules Fortune
- Written and Produced by Julia Redwood
- Directed by Perun Bonser
- In Association with Yamagi Art
- Music by Tim Count
- Editing by David Langlands
- Director of Photography Michael McDermott ACS
- Visual Effects by Last Pixel
- Narrated by Ernie Dingo
Star Dreaming had its Premiere in August 2021 at CinefestOZ.
Please sign in for previews.
- Runtime (minutes)
- Frame Rate
- Release date
- Image Format
- Production Company
Please sign in to download promotional material.